Contextual links are a great new feature of Drupal 7. Basically, links are added to various elements of the page to make it easy for site editers to make changes to whatever content they currently see.
It turns out that the Update module that comes with Drupal runs some pretty hefty queries. While trying to debug a crazy mysql error we were seeing on one of the sites I work on (http://drupal.org/node/361563) it occured to me that there is no reason why we should have the update module enabled on our production site at all.
Turning it off on production (while leaving it on on staging) gave the site a nice litte pick-me-up especially after clearing the cache.
Recently my cron stopped running completely and when I would manually visit mysite.com/cron.php I'd get a message like this:
Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 71 bytes) in ...
So how do I debug this? I went to module.inc then added a bit of code to
I develop my sites on two different machines; constantly SVN committing and SVN upping just to keep files in sync between the two. And worse, I'm forever doing mysqldumps to keep my local databases up to date.
And then it dawned on me...
I've been working on a project that required some pretty heavy-duty customizations to how the user registration form looks and while getting everything to work I learned a few things that have changed the way I look at customizing forms in Drupal. Here is a quick summary of what I already new, and what I know now.
It has been a bit of an adventure getting the SSO module to work with a site that already utilizes the Domain Access module. I got this all working yesterday... hopefully this clarifies things for people. I got a lot of help by reading the UPGRADE.txt that comes with SSO and by reading this issue: http://drupal.org/issues/595802