Director of Software Engineering
- Manage a team of Drupal developers who architect and build Drupal-based platforms as well as provide support to the brands of NBCUniversal.
- Technical lead and lead Drupal dreveloper on the Publisher product used by NCB's ancilary networks.
- Architecting a new Drupal 7 based publishing platform (read "custom Drupal distribution with several install profiles") that serves as the main digital backbone for NBCUniversal brands.
- Integrating major third party systems including DART, Omniture, ThePlatform, RAMP, Gigya, etc.
NBC Universal (Digital Works)
- Technical lead and lead architect for the redesign and migration of Petside.com from Movable Type to Drupal. Managed a team of two local and five remote developers. Also served as the technical technical liaison with third party vendors including Akamai, EachScape and Ramp
- Lead developer on Life Goes Strong, a family of four blog sites built on a single Drupal installation.
- Custom built several modules to connect with third-party APIs, incorporate DART ad-tags and incorporate new functionality.
- Created a base theme & several sub-themes. All markup is W3C compliant.
Manager of Online Production
The New York Post
- Managed the online production group responsible for nypost.com: front-end design, styling & markup; advertising support; editorial special sections
- Served as technical lead on an enterprise-level Drupal-based blog site, pagesix.com during its entire development cycle including site architecture, module development and theming.
- Created innovative advertising takeovers — rebranded pages or sections — often including flash animations, photo galleries, or videos
- Built a complex takeover scheduling system as well as an automated email newsletter system using object-oriented PHP
- Transitioned nypost.com to standards compliant XHTML, AJAX based web applications, and lightweight page designs
- Developed and maintained the Do Something brand
- Supervised dosomething.org's transition to Drupal and helped plan each step of
the development cycle; module development & theming
- Prior to migrating to Drupal, designed, built and maintained a custom PHP/mySQL-based CMS for dosomething.org including both the front-end and back
- Created all print materials (layout, graphic design & pre-press), including BUILD magazine (circulation 100m – 450m, 32pps) published 3 times per year
Georgia Institute of Technology (LCC)
- Designed a database for an annotated version of the film Casablanca
- Designed a commentary and annotation tool for Casablanca using Macromedia Director
Boston Univ. Office of Info. Tech.
- Designed websites & SMIL file presentations
- Provided formal instruction in software packages including Dreamweaver, Fireworks, Photoshop, Illustrator, HTML & CSS
Master of Science in Information Design
Georgia Institute of Technology
Bachelor of Arts in Communications
- Project Planning
- Workflow Orginization
- Front-end Web Design
- Database Design
- w3c Compliant Markup
- 508 Compliance
- Web Accessibility
- Rapid Prototyping
- Print Design
Languages & Frameworks
- HTML5 & CSS3
- AJAX & AHAH
- Drupal - Theming
- Drupal - Module Development
- SASS + Compass
- XML & JSON
- mySQL & postgreSQL
- Netbeans IDE
- MAMP / XAMP
- In Design